COPD Study Eligibility & Enrollment Process
If you or a loved one would like to participate in the COPD clinical research trial, and you meet the eligibility requirements below, please contact us at (614) 305-7000 or fill out the form on this page and you will be contacted in 1-2 business days by an Optimed Research coordinator.
There are no costs for the study and health insurance or doctor referrals are not required to participate. As part of the screening process, you may be given a complimentary lung function analysis.
Study participants must meet a number of different criteria, including
- You suffer from COPD
- You are over 40 years old
- You are a current or former smoker
- You are available for morning weekday appointments
- You are NOT on oxygen therapy for more than 12 hours a day
- You are not pregnant or nursing
In addition to medical care, participants may receive up to $86 per visit and in total up to $1204 in compensation. Complimentary travel to and from the study may also be available.